Saturday, November 9, 2013

Meet the LSC

Popping out of a space shuttle at at 2013 HOBY ILCS Seminar

Name
Hillary Blackwell
Role on the Planning Team
Leadership Seminar Chair AKA The HOBY Mama
L4S hours
Thousands-- planning a seminar is serious stuff.
Fellow staffers would vote you "Most likely to..."
This is a hard one!  I would say "Most likely to eat their weight in Starbursts"
Favorite L4S project
I loved the Alex's Lemonade Stand project at the 2013 seminar.  It was rainy, but the ambassadors kept the energy high and almost tripled the amount we had raised the year prior.
What has HOBY given you?
HOBY has given me the power to feel confident in making decisions that are against the grain.
What do you hope to pass on to the 2014 HOBY ILCS Ambassadors?
I hope to pass on the passion and practically of change making.  It is one thing to inspire the Ambassadors to make change, it is a whole other thing to give them right tools and education to make it happen.  Participating in the political process and having an entrepreneurial know-how are very important to me and I think some of the best ways to make change.  I hope to give them those tools and more so that their visions of a brighter tomorrow can become realities.
Favorite Quote
"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't" -Bill Nye (the Science Guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment