Monday, November 11, 2013

Meet the Director of Junior Staff

En route to Hogwarts via Platform 9 3/4 in London

Name
Marci Kolb
Role on the Planning Team
Director of Junior Staff
Currently Attends
Butler University
L4S hours
Not enough yet, but I'm working on it
Fellow staffers would vote you "Most likely to..."
"Most likely to be wearing something monogrammed"
Favorite L4S project
I work with a group called Girls Inc. which is a center that helps underprivileged girls.  We work with them to create speeches that they use for fundraising purposes.  It is one of my favorite days each year.
What has HOBY given you?
HOBY has given me an outlet to expand my leadership abilities.  I have held many different roles which has helped me find new strengths and weaknesses I have. 
What do you hope to pass on to the 2014 HOBY ILCS Ambassadors?
The idea that they have the power, but that they do not have to change the world alone.  I think that is the scariest part, not having a support system.  HOBY gives you the support system you need to make the changes you want to see in your community.
Favorite Quote
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." -George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment