Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Meet the Director of Special Services

About to save some lives at the 2013 WLC

Name
Jeff Kiesling
Role on the Planning Team
Director of Special Services
L4S hours
608
Fellow staffers would vote you "Most likely to..."
"Most likely to save a life" 
Favorite L4S project
My favorite L4S project is that I am the EMS coordinator for our local county fair.  I spend a week working hand in hand with all of the staff and emergency personnel from multiple agencies in planning and the week of the fair.  I love seeing everything come together and being able to help everyone.  I have made great friendships throughout the weeks that we have been doing this.  It is amazing to see that everyone takes time off of work and volunteers their time to make sure that one of the biggest events in our county can go on without a problem and if one would arise we have several very highly trained staff to take care of any issue.  I think that it is amazing to be able to lead a team of 30+ medical staff that are all there on volunteer time and see that they really enjoy being able to give back and have a good time while doing it.
What has HOBY given you?
HOBY has given me the tools that I needed to help me become a lot stronger person.  I was able take what I got from HOBY when I went through it and apply them to my job.  I became one of the youngest supervisors we had at the time at my former employer.  I was then able to keep building with those skills and I became one of the top managers at the banquet and event center.  HOBY has also helped teach me to be yourself and believe in yourself.  Due to HOBY I am now teaching an EMT class.  Prior to HOBY I would have never guessed I would be standing up in front of a class teaching.
What do you hope to pass on to the 2014 HOBY ILCS Ambassadors?
I hope to pass on to them the ability to be confident strong leaders.  I want the ambassadors to realize that they can be themselves and that they don't have to change to try to fit in with the crowd.
Favorite Quote
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment